There’s expected to be a big crowd at Champion Hill tonight (Tues 7th Feb) as Dulwich Hamlet look to create a cup shock and defeat National League team, Braintree Town.
On Saturday, Braintree were lucky to avoid being defeated by Hamlet who sit two divisions below them – so the pink and blues will be hoping that they can finish the job off at the replay tonight.
Already the lowest ranked team left in the tournament, victory for Dulwich will see the team progressing to the quarter finals of the cup, where a home tie against Macclesfield Town awaits.
The game kicks off at 7.45 pm with bars and turnstiles open from 6pm. If you’ve any questions about the game, join in with the chat here.
Lifelong Dulwich Hamlet fan Mishi Morath explains what the game means to him:
I realise it will be very difficult to overcome Braintree Town at home in the replay tomorrow, no matter that we were the better side on Saturday they are still two divisions above us. We are the underdogs.
But there is nothing wrong with dreaming…and if we do win tomorrow it will equal our best ever run in the competition, when we got to the quarters in 1979/80.
As it stands this is only the third time we have been in the last sixteen. No matter what happens, even though we didn’t win on Saturday, it was a proud day to be a Hamlet fan!
Get behind the Hamlet!
- Chat about the Hamlet vs Braintree on the forum
- Dulwich Hamlet FC forum
- Dulwich Hamlet FC songbook – the great chants from Champion Hill
- All the photos and match reports at dulwichhamlet.org
- £10 for Adults
- £4 for Concessions – Seniors – 60+, Teenagers (13-19), Unemployed (JSA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), NHS Staff, Blue Light Services, Serving Members of the Armed Forces and Full Time Students. (Please bring valid ID)
- Under 13s FREE accompanied by a paying adult
*Please note: because of the FA’s fun-sucking rules, fans won’t be allowed to drink on the terraces for this game, but the club bar will of course be open